Oh Lord.

Well, it's a bit disappointing to have the first post on my blog be something negative, and not someting sparkly and happy. But, quite frankly, I'm pissed. Pissed at myself, and though I hate to say it, pissed at my mom. I've been a vegetarian now for only a short while, but I've been doing well. I haven't eaten a dead animal since the day I decided to go vegetarian. So I thought.
Yesterday was my sisters open-house, and many of my relatives brought food for a buffet. One of my aunts had brought a broccoli salad, and after my first plate full, I returned inside to grab dessert. My aunt is inside.

"Have you tried my broccoli salad, yet?" she asks
"Yes," I answer, "It was reaaaally good."
"Oh, because I made it entirely vegetarian for you."

I was grateful, so I grabbed more.

Tonight, after getting dinner at Panera- garden vegetable soup in a bread bowl; delicious might I add- I had a little bit of broccoli salad in addition to my soup, which although it was amazingly good, wasn't incredibly filling.
On my third or fourth spoonful, I noticed little brown chunks of something in my salad. When I asked my mom what it was, she replied with:

"That's bacon, honey. I thought you knew."

I pretty much lost it. I threw my entire leftover dinner away, and went to the bathroom because I felt like puking. After crying for a whopping 30 seconds, I went to the living room, drank some Squirt and haven't spoken to my mother since then. I guess I shouldn't be pissed at her, and I'm not, really, but I really should be pissed at my aunt. And I am.



But, let's end on a good note. The majority of my day was spent alone, eating brownies and singing along to Bathroom Diva. I have no talent compared to those opera singers, though. Who cares?! Not I.

1 comments :: Oh Lord.

  1. Hey, thanks for visiting my blog.
    I see this is a new one!
    Best of luck.


    Happy blogging!